Outside of being a search engine, the new Bing “decision engine” helps you make informed decsions in 4 main categories – Local, Shopping, Travel & Health.
Here are 10 tips on Decision Engine Optimization (DEO) and how to utilize Bing to the fullest:
- Focus on keyword research & development and incorporating them into Title & Description tags (source: Bing SEM 101)
- Use a keyword-rich domain name for your website (ex. Travel)
- Optimize internal link text with keywords as Bing Sitelinks use this exclusively (avoid “click here” link text at all costs)
- Improve your image search results by using keywords in image alt attributes
- Tag video with descriptive keywords for better video inclusion
- E-commerce sites should add or improve the use of consumer product review features
- Double check your listings (or add a listing) in these 3 main local review sites: Yelp, CitySearch and JudysBook
- Make sure you have a business listing with Bing Local Listings Center for inclusion in Bing Maps (you can include a wealth of information on you business in the listing)
- Include a contact footer (email, phone, address) on every page of the site. Bing favors this information for their QuickPreview feature and can help locals find you.
- If you are a news site, get your news feed into Bing’s local news feed. They are currently manually reviewing every feed before inclusion so submit it to email@example.com